We know that if your child is displaying developmental delays it can be a very distressing time. Many parents are unsure what they can do to support, how they can learn more about their unique development, how they can access expert support directly and how they can learn the skills to help their child progress.
“The school is staffed with amazing, energetic and highly specialised therapists and teachers who are exceptionally trained in ABA.’’ parent of a child who attends First Bridge Centre
Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) is an evidence-based approach designed to help children improve their speech, language, social, play, emotional, and cognitive abilities.
At First Bridge Centre we utilise cutting-edge research, and an evidence-based practice therapy model to provide intensive early intervention therapy tailored to the individual needs of each child. We believe it is critical that the whole family is part of the learning and development children engage with at our centre.
In our Ofsted registered Chelsea centre we offer full and part-time classroom places to over 35 children aged up to eight years old. So we can help more families we have designed two new ways for families to get expert advice and support from us.
- 12 week course made up of three hours each week
This course is designed to provide you with education and support as you learn about ABA and, at the same time, teach your child life-enhancing, developmental skills.
The course is designed and delivered by our expert Board Certified Behaviour Analysts (BCBA) and provides a combination of theoretical and practical ‘hands on’ training including:
- Helping my child to initiate interactions with me and others
- Helping my child to communicate
- Understanding my child’s barriers to learning and how to remove them
- Teaching skills in the everyday natural environment
The course is made up of 3 hours per week of dedicated 1:1 time with one of our expert BCBA’s. The course each week is split into two components, 1 hour of theoretical training, delivered online, followed by a 2 hour direct 1:1 therapy session at our specialist Centre. Over the course of the 12 weeks, the BCBA will work directly with you and your child to explore developmental theories, ABA concepts and give you practical hands-on sessions to help you implement bespoke strategies for your child.
The programme cost is: £ 5,520.00
- 2 x 2 hr sessions each week
First Bridge Centre’s coaching and 1-1 therapy is a bespoke programme for you and your child’s needs. It is delivered on a weekly basis by our expert Board-Certified Behaviour Analysts (BCBA). As part of this individually tailored service you will receive:
- Evidence-based, initial and ongoing assessment of your child’s skills and barriers to learning
- Direct, weekly BCBA coaching to parents/caregivers so that you can learn techniques and tools to continue your child’s learnings at home
- Direct 1-1 ABA therapy sessions, delivered to your child, by your BCBA
- Ongoing programme reviews and revisions, to meet the specific needs of your child and their ongoing therapy
This is an ongoing, highly personalised, 1-1 therapy service that will be delivered by our BCBA’s to you and your child. This service is designed to give parents and/or carers the basic knowledge and skills in using Applied Behaviour Analysis as well as to provide ongoing direct clinical assessment and programme services to your child.
Weekly cost: £575.00
If you want to find out more about First Bridge Centre and how we can support you and your family please get in touch.
020 3301 3985
Station Court Imperial Wharf, 1 Harbour Ave, London SW6 2PY
Requirements and Communication to Parents/Carers:
- All courses are available for children up to nine years old
- Suitability assessment must be completed prior to signing up for these services so we can ensure that they are right for your child and family. We want to ensure parents are committed to the process and learning the necessary skills required for outcomes and progress to be observed.
- Payment for suitability assessment received separately from services – if client is suitable then the cost of the assessment will be deducted from total course cost.
- Payment should be made in full for the course, ahead of scheduling the calendar of weekly sessions for the following 12 weeks.
- Dates should be set, and occur consistently at set intervals until completion of the course e.g. (every Tuesday 10:00am-12:00pm) with a clear start and end date communicated to the parent
- If children and parents are unable to attend a session, we will endeavour to make up the session on another day in that week, but there is no guarantee that this is possible. If a makeup session cannot be agreed, this session will be lost. The course will resume the following session. This may mean that if multiple sessions are cancelled, the full course may not be completed by the course completion date.
- For these courses parents are expected to be an ‘active participant’ in the course and in the delivery of their child’s sessions. The course is intended to train and give the parents/carers the skills to carry these principles on after course completion. If the supervising BCBA feels at any point that the parent is not committed to following and implementing advice, and playing an active role in the sessions, the BCBA has the right to terminate the course. No refund will be provided should this take place.